Monday, February 25, 2013

Forgiveness to those who Repent

Take heed to yourselves; if your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him; and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, and says, `I repent,' you must forgive him." -- Luke 17:3-4

"Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven". -- Luke 6:37

REFLECTION

Looking closely on the word "forgive" and dividing it into two words, you will come up with the words "For Give". The root word is "Give" and the word "For" represents a process. A process of giving up oneself out of a loving, merciful and generous heart.

Forgiving does not only benefit others but moreover, it releases you from all negative feelings and emotions such as pain, suffering, hatred and anger that can cause a lot of stress and anxiety and even deteriorated health condition.

It really takes a big heart to Give and Forgive but the rewards are truly great and awesome!


PRAYER

Father in heaven, make my heart like yours so that in love, I can learn to forgive by way of giving up myself so that I may be filled with your glory. Please forgive me for the hurts that I have caused to others and the pains I have kept from being hurt by others. Hurts that have turned into hatred that destroyed my good relationships with them. May we all realize that it is only through forgiving that we can also be forgiven. I lift my heart of love to you in Jesus Name. Amen.


Published: November 7, 2011, 7:15AM