Tuesday, April 2, 2013

REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED IN JESUS NAME

"Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." -- Acts 2:38

I am a Christian who is baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. As such, His mercy and forgiveness is always upon me. He is always there with open arms, waiting for me to go back and embrace Him with a repentant heart. He speaks to my heart, "empty yourself and follow me. . ."
Yesterday, in my reflection of the gospel, I said that "some of them who have been touched by the Holy Spirit came to believed that Jesus is our Lord and Saviour". I also wrote that "Anyone who can read will surely have knowledge of the words written in the scriptures but only those who have received the gift of understanding from the Holy Spirit will learn what the Lord teaches or wanted to impart".

Today, the Lord confirmed the thoughts of my heart as that of His. He wants me to fully receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Friend, let go of your guilt and fully surrender yourself to the Lord. Your sins will never go away if you yourself are retaining them over and over again. God has a lot better in store for you but you must take your faith into action. Faith without works is dead.

Lord Jesus, in your mighty and powerful name, I cast out all evil that leads me to sin and place them all at the foot of your cross. I claim victory and freedom against any form of bondage and addiction. Let your love flow to deepest recesses of my soul and heal me from all sorts of sickness, pain and anxieties. I am a broken man who is full of sin and only you can restore me to the fullness of life. You are my life in whom all good things come for the praise and glory of the Father.

Holy Spirit, mold me, transform me, use me in Jesus Name. Amen.